The handmade Baja Sand is an easy to wear, summer men’s hat. The Panama was designed for carefree living, such as lazy beach days or travelling to music festivals. This narrow brim that is constructed with a durable and crushable crochet crown made from our sustainable Panama hat straw.
• Crochet weave with woven band detail in the crown of the hat
• Hat can be rolled up for travel
• The brim of this hat is approximately 5 cm. Brim widths do vary as they are hand finished
• Made from sustainably grown toquilla straw
• Our handwoven Panama hats are made in Ecuador following Fair Trade and sustainable business practices. Meet our hat weavers
“I am longing to be with you, and by the sea,
where we can talk together freely and build our castles in the air.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
We are living in a world awash with plastic waste and our oceans being filled with microplastics from the synthetic textiles used in our clothing. It is heartening to know that your Pachacuti Panama hat is made from a natural straw fibre that is sustainably harvested and grown without chemicals.